All Done :)

Indeed it was the conflict between yum and cpan. Successfully updated now.

As for the unionfs sandbox, that was my brain leaking, I had the wrong dev headers installed, once I sorted that out it worked like a champ.

Many Thanks. Hope this helps someone else.

Jeremy

Eric "Shubes" wrote:
lordfuknowsyou wrote:
Hello and thanks for your response. I am sorry I wasn't more verbose in
my explanation.

I gleaned that error from tail -f
/mnt/qtp-sandbox/usr/src/qtp-upgrade/log/build-recent.log during a bed
the other night. If it wasn't that log specifically I know it was a log
associated with the qtp-newmodel process because I was instructed to do
just that by an interactive process.

I have updated, about 2 minutes after the email was sent out  :].

After an upgrade(of toaster through yum), reboot, a new non linked, non
unioned(errors on that) sandbox.

It'd be nice to know what error(s) you received using the unioned sandbox so
it can be fixed. Please include the results of
# uname -a
# rpm -qa | grep kernel
with your description of the problem.

I now receive new build errors, again gleaned from the above tail command.

tail -f /mnt/qtp-sandbox/usr/src/qtp-upgrade/log/build-recent.log
+ rm -rf Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.4
+ exit 0
Installing spamassassin-toaster-3.2.4-1.3.13 in the sandbox ...
error: Failed dependencies:
       perl(Archive::Tar) >= 1.23 is needed by
spamassassin-toaster-3.2.4-1.3.13.i686
       perl(HTML::Parser) >= 3.43 is needed by
spamassassin-toaster-3.2.4-1.3.13.i686
       perl(IO::Zlib) >= 1.04 is needed by
spamassassin-toaster-3.2.4-1.3.13.i686
   Suggested resolutions:
/home/buildcentos/CENTOS/en/4.0/i386/CentOS/RPMS/perl-Archive-Tar-1.30-1.el4.noarch.rpm /home/buildcentos/CENTOS/en/4.0/i386/CentOS/RPMS/perl-IO-Zlib-1.04-4.2.el4.noarch.rpm

I know now where these are coming from, because I tried an upgrade last
night too and received these identical errors.

I have not tried the suggested resolutions, because that still leaves me
with an out of date parser.

I did a yum install of perl-Archive-Tar and perl-IO-Zlib and that fixed
those deps, but you're absolulely correct about the Parser package.

I have:
# perl -MHTML::Parser -e 'print "$HTML::Parser::VERSION\n"'
3.56
# rpm -q perl-HTML-Parser
perl-HTML-Parser-3.35-6

So perl "thinks" the package is up to date and so does yum, yet they're
reporting different versions. There appears to be a contradiction here.

# rpm -qa perl
perl-5.8.5-36.el4_5.2

I have:
# rpm -q perl
perl-5.8.8-5.el4s1_2

I appreciate any suggestions. Many Thanks In Advance.

So, where to go from here? Looking at rpmforge, I see that they have an rpm
for (the latest) perl-HTML-Parser-3.56. If one was in a real hurry, you might:
# rpm -Uvh \
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/perl-HTML-Parser/perl-HTML-Parser-3.56-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm

However, I'd like to have the rpmforge packages available to yum in the
future, so I:

# cd
# wget \
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm
# rpm -ivh rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm
# yum -y perl-HTML-Parser

That installed perl-HTML-Parser-3.56 from rpmforge, putting rpm back in sync
with CPAN:
# rpm -q perl-HTML-Parser
perl-HTML-Parser-3.56-1.el4.rf

So I'm proceeding to rerun qtp-newmodel, building a new sandbox (again -
that unionfs feature is sweet when it works). I'm guessing that it'll all
work this time. I'll keep you posted.