You can update perl modules using yum and the rpmforge repo.

You can NOT update any package that has "toaster" in the name by using yum
repos (with the sole exception of qmailtoaster-plus).

I believe that QMT version 2+ will be using yum repos for upgrading, but
that is some time off. In the meantime, use qtp-newmodel. That is not much
more difficult than yum to use, but it is more time consuming since the
source needs to be compiled on your toaster instead of being precompiled by
someone else.

HTH