With all due respect, I see *nothing* that indicates *any* sort of dns
issue here. The problem is that the Spamassassin installation is trying
to create temp files in a very non-standard directory, as Eric said in a
prior post.

I would guess the build is just plain messed up - what does rpm -ql
Spamassassin-toaster say? Inspect the rebuild output closely after. Do
not rebuild it as the root user.

If I were you, I would re-rpmbuild, and also run chkrootkit, and/or
rkhunter... many people (still!) compile things as root. That is a very
bad thing, qmail or no. :(

Regards,
jp

At
> >> this point I've deactivated spamdyke, which was the only thing
> >> doing RBL
> >> checks, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
> >
> > You have nothing in /var/qmail/control/blacklists? That would do rbl
> > checking. Spamassassin probably is as well, unless you are running
> > it with
> > the -L (local checks only) option.
> >
> > Are you running a caching-nameserver on the toaster? That isn't
> > absolutely
> > required, but highly recommended.
> >
> >> I still have this nonsense SpamAssassin perl module error, and no
> >> way to
> >> correct it.
> >
> > Are you running spamassassin commands with "sudo -u vpopmail -h"?
> > You need to always run spamassassin as vpopmail user. Otherwise it
> > won't
> > pick up the correct environment.
> >
> >> Roxanne

at