If your using Exchange 2007, you can use the transporter ive done this several
times, it goes smoothly without having to deal with going to each client.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1329

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 10:50 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: Migrating to new server

On 02/06/2012 10:21 AM, John Raley wrote:
> One of my clients is moving from a Qmailtoaster server (setup by me)
> to Exchange 2010 and has tasked me to perform the migration for them.
> The problem I am having is that I have to manually change their
> Outlook settings in order to switch them to their Exchange accounts. I
> need to move the users over in groups and only a few at a time. I have
> tried deleting their accounts on the Qmail server and their new emails
> show up on their Exchange account.

How did you manage this?

> The problem I have is that users still on the Qmail server cannot send
> email to users that have already moved to the Exchange server and vice
> versa.
>
> Thoughts or suggestions on how to accomplish this?

I don't know of a way for a single domain to be split across two servers. Other
than creating a subdomain to act as a bridge between the two servers (which I'm
not entirely sure how that would work), I think your best approach is probably
to get all the accounts over to Exchange asap.

You have my sympathies.