On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Eric Shubert <e...@shubes.net> wrote:

> On 02/06/2012 12:03 PM, John Raley wrote:
>
>> How did you manage this?
>>>
>> I have a UTM device in front of both servers. It does call-out to verify
>> the
>> account exists. I am guessing when the Qmail server says the account
>> doesn't
>> exist, it move to the next email server.
>>

> Just some ideas:
1) Create a second domain in exchange, as an alias domain. Every exchange
user will have two addresses (user@domain and user@secondarydomain).
2) Create an smtproute in your qmail box to forward all secondarydomain to
your exchange box
3) Create forwards for the accounts you already have migrated, so as to
forward the migrated user mail to the secondary domain.

This could solve one problem. All users in the qmail box can send mails to
users in exchange box. Maybe you could do something similar to the reverse
problem. I do not know if you are going to need a SMTP Connector in your
exhchange box.

Salutti,

Natalio.