On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 05:23:16PM -0600, Saxon Jones wrote:
> There is no IMAP at my location.  Server mode is enabled, though I don't
> know why that would affect anything.

Parenthetical: What type of webmail package are you running, then?
Nearly all the ones I've looked at (Twig, Imp, Silkymail, Squirrelmail)
use IMAP as their interface to the mailspool.

However, if you're using a different locking mechanism between qpopper3
and qpopper4 as you mentioned, and qpopper4 has the problems, then it's
almost certain that qpopper3 has the right locking mechanism (i.e. same
as the rest of your mail software) and qpopper4 is using a different
locking method than the rest of your mail software.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau