> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:04:24 -0400 (EDT)
> From: MEISNER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Saxon Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> cc: "'Randall Gellens'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, QPopper Mailing List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: QPOPPER3 and QPOPPER4
>
> Since I have already deleted the 50 or so of this message, I have, in
the
> last couple hours, received this message again, twice. Could you
please
> check with your email admin to see if they can halt it from sending
>
> THANK YOU

I'll bet the message shows up each time you check mail and your desktop
machine was checking mail all night long...

Although I have no connection w/Qualcomm and Randy, I'll throw my own
$0.02 worth in here.

Each instance of this type of behaviour I have seen in the past (w/over
8,000 users and I'm one of three Postmasters - we get *ALL* the mail
problems) is caused by a corrupted mail spool or inbox.

The message shows up each time you check your mail spool - no matter how
frequently - and cannot be deleted.

The fix is to lock your mail spool (usually with a "touch user.lock"
file) and then try and find the offending message.  If you can, fix it
up or delete the entire message (from the line beginning "^From ..." to
the next "^From ..." (^ means 'anchor at beginning of line.  Also note
the SPACE after the word From...)

If this doesn't fix it, check your "Inbox" (Netscape), "Inbox.mbx"
(Eudora)...  You could try rebuilding the index files for these

.Inbox.summary (Netscape)
Inbox.toc (Eudora)

Just some thoughts on where to look...  I could be wrong - and have been
wrong in the past - but your description sounds like...

Regards,
Gregory Hicks
Postmaster, Cadence.COM
Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though
she's too young to have logged on yet.  Here's what I worry about.  I
worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy,
where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the
Internet?'" --from the Cryptography list