On Jul 16, 2010, at 3:49 AM, ext Coda Highland wrote:

> I can't imagine why Creator couldn't guess at a default value anyway;
> just ask QThreadPool what the ideal number of threads is. :P

Actually I can't imagine why make couldn't guess at a default value by checking
the number of cores :P

(Our little project ibjom, a replacement for nmake on Windows, does exactly
that.)

Br, Eike

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Carter, Nathan <ncar...@bentley.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to tell Creator to use "make -j N" for some N in all
>> projects?  I know that I can change it on a per-project basis, but since
>> it's a value that's pretty much just contingent on how many cores my machine
>> has, I'd like to just say "please use all cores all the time."
>>
>> I couldn't find this in the options.  Did I miss it or should I file a
>> request for it?
>>
>> (Or I could set MAKEFLAGS="-j 4" in my environment, but I guess I'm not sure
>> where Qt Creator gets its environment from in OS X, when launched from
>> Finder rather than the command line...maybe from my bash .profile??  I have
>> no idea.)
>>
>> Nathan

Eike Ziller
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori