On Jul 16, 2010, at 8:01 PM, ext alan.westbr...@nokia.com wrote:

> Well then that would definitely be a problem for me, I start everything from
> spotlight!
>
> No, seriously, CMD+Space <couple of letters> Enter -> BAM!
>
> =)
>
> Alan
>
> On Jul 15, 2010, at 11:12 PM, ext Kai Koehne wrote:
>
>> On 7/16/2010 3:09 AM, ext Carter, Nathan wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to tell Creator to use "make -j N" for some N in all
>>> projects?  I know that I can change it on a per-project basis, but since
>>> it's a value that's pretty much just contingent on how many cores my
>>> machine has, I'd like to just say "please use all cores all the time."
>>>
>>> I couldn't find this in the options.  Did I miss it or should I file a
>>> request for it?
>>>
>>> (Or I could set MAKEFLAGS="-j 4" in my environment, but I guess I'm not
>>> sure where Qt Creator gets its environment from in OS X, when launched from
>>> Finder rather than the command line...maybe from my bash .profile??  I have
>>> no idea.)
>>
>> Google is your friend :) Setting them in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
>> worked for me in the past (although I just learned that it might fail if
>> you start QtCreator from Spotlight).

It seems that it doesn't work on 10.5, but it works on 10.6 again (for me it
does).
Note though, that you have to log out and log in again after changing
environment.plist, because that actually sets the environment for the launchd
process that is the mother of all your processes when logged in.

++ Eike

>> I think this is really something you want to set system-wide / per user,
>> and not somewhere inside QtCreator.
>>
>> Kai
>> --
>> Kai Koehne
>> Software Engineer
>> Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks
>>
>> Nokia gate5 GmbH
>> Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
>> Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
>> Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori

Eike Ziller