The main reason I asked about the type of catheter is because I discovered
about 10 years ago that I am allergic to the silicone products.  I first
noticed it when I had a silicone trach to which my skin became adhered.  Ear
nose and throat had to rip the trach right out of my neck and finally got
them to agree to do reconstructive surgery about five or six years later.

When I have a silicone catheter in my body, my bladder spasms profusely, I
feel like I have a terrible UTI, the stoma tries to adhered itself to the
catheter, and there are excessive amounts of calcification on the end of the
catheter when it is removed.  I now only use latex catheters with a little
bit of silicone coating.

According to my care providers, this is an abnormal allergy, but I thought
I'd let you know about it since you're, seems to close around your catheter.
Quadius