I had to turn in the price of all my equipment even know I do not drive so
it would be covered in case of an accident.  I was required to do so I am
AAA and on Farm Bureau my insurance previously.
Dana

In a message dated 9/4/2013 12:42:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rollingl...@yahoo.com writes:

I wanted to add that my insurance company is aware of the fact that  I
drive from my wheelchair and I have several modification to my van. They  said
all is covered under my normal rate of payment. When I had my accident  they
proved it by repairing my van instead of just writing it off as a salvage
loss. Due to all the money spent on modifications my van is worth more than
the regular van of the same year. They paid close to 6,000 in repairs to the
 front end. Allstate is my insurance.

From: donald scott  <rollingl...@yahoo.com>
To: "quad-list@eskimo.com"  <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:27  AM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L]  Driver license renewal

I'm in California and have had my license for about 7 years. I had a
regular license  before my injury and it expired years later. When I got a van
could drive I  applied for a new license. They did make me go through a few
extra steps like  a driving evaluation from a hospital and a DMV interview.
After getting  the ok I took the regular written and drivers test and passed
with a 100 on  both test. Since then I have only been pulled over once for
running a  stop sign and the cop looked at me and said "Have a good day" and
let me go. I  have also been in one accident that was deemed not my fault.
My insurance  didn't screw me or raise my rates. All of my repairs were fixed
 and I pay a average insurance rate. My license does have a restriction on
it that says I must drive with hand controls. That is my experience so  far
with driving. I too will be renewing my license this year and I'm not sure
if it will automatically renew or if I'll be tested again. But for the
independence it gives me I'll do what ever I need too. I hope this helped in
some way.

Best wishes, Donald C5-C6 23 years  post