Just wait until you're in your 60's!

Seriously, I hear you Bobbie, Larry, et al.  I am 62 and my accident was 46
years ago.  I used to be able to

do SO much more than I can now.  The most debilitating "conditions" affecting
me now are scoliosis and

edema/lymphedema in my feet.

My only advice is to the "younger" (age + years post injury) quads - address
these kind of problems before they occur.  Be hyper vigilant - listen to the
older quads and try to be proactive.   Get a podiatrist if you don't have one.
Address edema early - use compression stockings and use products that will keep
your skin supple.  Be aware of how you sit ...  if you start to see curvature
of your spine, address it immediately.  Don't ignore "little" things - often
they will only get worse with time.  I wish I'd had older quads to listen to
when I was younger - I always thought I could handle anything on my own.  I was
wrong!

Nan