I was injured in 1984, age almost 17. I'm 47 now. I think my disability is
harder to manage now, even with all of these years of experience, then it
was 10 or 20 years ago. Back then, I could have a problem, identify a
solution, and move on. Now, it's harder to read what's happening to me
physically. Worse, is that my health is now a moving target. As I age my
disability changes, requiring different equipment, different routines,
different expectations. Staying active and healthy is now, at the least, a
part-time job.