On Wed, 22 Jun 2016, Jafar Al-Gharaibeh wrote:

You can think of it as a staging tree, a "relatively" stable tree compared to master. It also serve as a test vehicle for new features or behavior changes that we are not sure we want to integrate with the main release right away. For example, assume I want to push the new feature that I have been working on: MTR-OSPF (RFC4915). Having that in the CE (thing ;) ) for a few cycles might help us understand its impact on users or whether it is worthy to be added to the main release or not. I really think there is a value there.

So, it's a staging tree for experimental stuff? (I.e. a superset of the integration head)? Also, it's a stable tree? (I.e. a sub-set of said head)? ?

Also, you want to cut releases of this stable-but-also-experimental tree?

 Are you referring to this post/thread?

https://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2016-June/015499.html

Yes.

regards,