Jim's got the best answer but there are other ways to survive.  Ski thermals
are cheap right now and are very efficient. Trouble with garages is that they
are full of metal, a thermal mass that will get very cold and hold it for a
long time. I use  one of the small propane gas fan heaters for about 20 mins.
The 15 Kw output gets the garage up to  12 - 15 degrees. The humidity goes
above 80% but I then use just an electric fan heater, 2Kw. within half an hour
the humidifier has bought the humidity down to abot 70% and the temperature
stays around 13 for the rest of the day Ken