On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 3:37:54 PM UTC+1, Elias Mårtenson wrote:
> I'm away from my computer at the moment so I can't try to reproduce all your
> tests, but I did try to use copy-to-vm from Nautilus on a fedora-26
> template-based vm and it didn't seem to do anything. The menu just closed.
>
> I can't say if anything else in the Nautilus instance worked after that, as I
> closed the window after that.

It seems we both have the same, it would seem? It seems to behave slightly
different, but the same bug by the looks of it.

I found more odd behaviour after I decided to test a bit more.
Used 2 different AppVM's, same template again.
This time I used the terminal instead of the GUI, so nautilus was excluded in
the equation.

I did not know qvm-copy-to-vm/qvm-move-to-vm had been deprecated, the terminal
told me just now. But funnily enough, the old deprecated qvm-copy-to-vm command
worked just fine, while the new qvm-copy failed.

I suppose the old deprecated qvm-copy-to-vm can be a short-term temporary
solution if it's needed? If it's still there and not removed despite being
deprecated, then I suppose it's still safe to use the deprecated version?

Also, before I did any of the above, between my two posts here, I encountered a
10-12 seconds or so long system wide freeze, entire screen, all VM's, dom0,
mouse, everything frooze. I've never had this before on this machine, and I've
never seen it in Qubes 4. This was something very new, or so it seems at least.

My laptop only has 8GB ram, so I guess it could be something related to RAM.
But whether these two issues are related or not? I don't know. But it had never
happened before today, and I've used this computer everyday for months, running
Qubes 4 since RC-2.

Could the RAM balancing between the AppVM's have been affected too, perhaps?