On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 11:09:28 AM UTC+1, Alex wrote:
> On 11/28/2016 11:05 AM, Foppe de Haan wrote:
> > I ran into a weird (and not consistently reproducible) issue with my
> > 2-monitor setup (UHD main screen + FHD secondary) adjusting the
> > 'display' settings (changing the alignment of the 2 monitors). When I
> > 'moved' the FHD screen from right of the upper right quad of my UHD
> > screen, to 'below' the lower left quad, and then left of the upper
> > left quadrant, but not aligned with the top border (about 300px
> > lower), then to roughly vertically 'centered' of the right, I could
> > no longer click on any of the buttons / tabs at the top of my firefox
> > instance (which is snapped to use the left half of my UHD monitor),
> > and the mouse 'clicked' in different spots than where the cursor was
> > located. I had to restart the VM to 'fix' this. Happened twice, but
> > not since.
> >
> This used to happen to me too, when the VM was started with a screen
> geometry and then I changed attaching a new monitor. This could be
> caused by old versions of qubes, which had an arbitrary fixed monitor size.
>
> But this is a thread on the upgrade of templates to fedora 25 and
> related feedback; please report the version of Qubes you are using, and
> the template. Also, if your problem does not belong to the topic, please
> open another (write at the e-mail address a new mail with a specific
> subject, don't just reply to other e-mails).
>
> --
> Alex

I see; I'll make some further attempts to reproduce it that way then, haven't
disconnected that monitor again since running into the issue this morning.
The reason I mentioned this in this thread is that I've only encountered this
issue since I upgraded that VM's template to fc25; I don't recall running into
it before. Running qubes r3.2 with all updates from current-testing and
security-testing (so with xen 4.6.3), both on dom0 and domU side.