On Friday, 8 December 2017 06:09:32 CET Chris Laprise wrote:
>  What I want
> to say is that people that do not like to experiment with computer just
> memorize what they are told and always do the same steps just happy that
> it works.

I fully agree with that and it mirrors my observations.

Personally I blame Windows for this as that one breaks so easy, and anyone
else that at any time tells a person they are doing something "wrong".
Being told (as a non-tech person) you are doing it wrong is literally the
worst thing you can do to that person as they will lose their ability to
have confidence and subsequently they will lose their will to experiment.

An OS like Qubes will lose its objective if it starts telling people they
are doing it wrong.
Instead, make every effort to show them the right way, and allow
experimentation.
In other words; enforce correct behaviour and warn against (but do not
forbid) possibly bad behaviour.

Anyhow,

I leared from your post that it was possible to start apps from the old QM,
I never knew that, I never tried! :)

Thanks for sharing that!
--
Tom Zander