On Friday, 8 December 2017 14:56:00 CET Chris Laprise wrote:
> > I also know that the “state of the art” in creating user interfaces has
> > moved on and the technology used in the old app is end-of-lifed for some
> > years now.
>
> Which end-of-life technology would that be?

In Qt5 (released 19 December 2012) the qwidget module was split off onto its
own and the APIs  in that module have been frozen ever since.
This details the module; https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwidgets-index.html

Newer applications using Qt are suggested to use the declarative APIs which
have the added benefit of using the massive speedups Qt GUIs get from using
modern hardware and new architecture.

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io