Den lørdag den 13. januar 2018 kl. 19.37.57 UTC+1 skrev Bertrand Lec:
> Hello,
>
> I'm fresh installing Qubes R3.2 on my desktop PC, aside from Ubuntu.
> The PC is configured with UEFI.
>
> The installation goes well. At that time, I can reboot directly to Qubes.
>
> However, after I update dom0, Qubes refuse to reboot. The boot is done to
> Ubuntu. Even when I choose to boot Qubes in the BIOS, Ubuntu will boot.
>
> Result of efibootmgr command is:
> BootCurrent: 0000
> Timeout: 1 seconds
> BootOrder: 0002,0000,0005,0001,0007
> Boot0000* ubuntu
> Boot0001* Hard Drive
> Boot0002* Qubes
> Boot0005* CD/DVD Drive
> Boot0007* Removable Drive
>
> From my understanding, it says that Qubes is the first one to be booted but
> the currently booted is ubuntu (which is true :) )
>
> Do you have any idea for me?
>
> Thanks
> Bertrand

I experienced similar issues today, it seems like it's the recent updates from
the current-testing repository with the new kernel. From memory, I can tell
there were errors of the kind "not enough disk space to create EFI", and I can
inform the EFI is 95MB in size, strictly only containing Qubes information and
data since Qubes RC-2. Note to self... use Grub and make it bigger next time...
urgh...

I'm using Qubes 4 though, but perhaps Qubes 3.2. also got the same kernel
update 4.14.13?

I suspected a reboot might go bad after seeing the error mentioned above, but I
tried anyway. Sure enough, now the system can't boot. I tried both adding

efibootmgr -v -c -u -L Qubes -l /EFI/qubes/xen.efi -d /dev/sda -p 1
"placeholder /mapbs /noexitboot"

and also added the EFI path directly from the UEFI(BIOS). None of the two
methords workek.

I'm suspecting you're having this issue too Bertrand Lec? Did you install
kernel 4.14.13? If you're unsure if you did, try boot from your Qubes
installer, and pick "Rescue Qubes" option in the Qubes grub boot menu. Then
select 1 in the entry, type in your encryption password, and then do as the
text will tell you to chroot into your Qubes system. Once there, use 'sudo
cat/nano/vi/whatever-prefered' to '/path/to/EFI-file'.
It should be around /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg

The document should say kernel 4.14.13 if you upgraded the same as I did.

If this is indeed triggered by a too small EFI partition size, then we need to
make it bigger next time to avoid it happening again. Though, this is not
enough to recover now that it already happened. I'm still pondering about a
possible solution.

In your case though, if you have nothing you want to save on it, you could try
re-install once more, and ensure that the EFI partition is big enough in size
by manually creating it yourself during install. Assuming of course, you indeed
like me have this issue.