Le dimanche 14 janvier 2018 14:36:06 UTC+1, erikmunk...@gmail.com a écrit :
> Den søndag den 14. januar 2018 kl. 12.55.00 UTC+1 skrev awokd:

> > > If this is indeed triggered by a too small EFI partition size, then we
> > > need to make it bigger next time to avoid it happening again. Though,
> > > this is not enough to recover now that it already happened. I'm still
> > > pondering about a possible solution.
> >
> > Not sure if you two are having the same issue but I've run into what
> > Erik's describing before. I luckily caught it before rebooting, but it may
> > also work from rescue mode. I manually deleted older versions of initramfs
> > etc. in /boot/efi/EFI/qubes to free up space leaving just the single most
> > recent, and was able to rebuild the new Qubes EFI boot image with:
> > /usr/bin/dracut -f
> > /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/initramfs-4.4.31-11.pvops.qubes.x86_64.img
> > 4.4.31-11.pvops.qubes.x86_64
> > Replace the file names with the correct versions for your updated kernel.
>
> Amazing, your approah worked smoothly!
> Also I can confirm it works just fine in recovery mode too.
>
> Although I had to make some small minor modifications due to my slight
> different situation, since seemingly I did not have the new
> initramfs-4.14.13-1.pvops.qubes.x86_64 and only my old one
> initramfs-4.9.56-21.pvops.qubes.x86_64
> I'm not too sure why it didn't work for the new kernel, whether or not it was
> due to the missing initramfs or not, but either way, it was probably just
> that, lack of diskspace on the partition.
>
> I did not just delete the old initramfs in the reocvery mode, since guessing
> it might leave worse off not having a single one available. So to be sure not
> to mess up, I could either make a copy elsewhere for backup before deleting
> the last initramfs, or try restore my old kernel.
>
> So I resorted to trying re-establish my old kernel using your method, and it
> worked. I'll explain what I did below in details in case others need it too.
> I used your post as a guideline to make these modifcations.
>
> I booted my system normally using the old kernel after the above fix, and
> proceeded to "sudo dnf remove kernel-4.14.13-1.pvops.qubes.x86_64" to get rid
> of the new broken kernel.
>
> I then made a backup copy of my EFI folder to my home folder (In case I
> needed it again), and then followed up to delete the old 21MB'ish or so in
> size initramfs for my old and current running kernel system.
>
> I then proceeded with updating again, installing the new kernel. This time it
> installed cleanly. I then checked the EFI folder if the new kernel and new
> initramfs was there, and the xen.cfg file also correctly pointed to the
> kernel and initramfs without the need for edits.
>
> Then rebooted, and now it works flawlessly with the new kernel update.
>
> Thanks a lot awokd!
>
> @Bertrand Lec, did you get yours working?

So, a little summary:
- I have plenty of room in my EFI partition.
- I was not installing from testing, just from normal repository, so my kenerl
was 4.9.56
- I tried the dracut command, without success

However, I did a new fresh install of R3.2 but this time, to do the dom0
update, I chose to use testing repository
(--enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing), and it works now fine !

What worries me the most is that I don't understand what happened (and that I
am afraid of doing a new update of dom0, as it is requesting it).

Thank you all,
Bertrand