On 2020-05-01 17:48, brendan.h...@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 12:39:54 AM UTC-4, seshu wrote:

    One question that just occured to me about upgrading the template
    VM's. Many of the comments and posts in this forum are assuming
    Qubes is installed on a laptop. I have it installed on a desktop,
    and my keyboard / mouse uses sys-usb. I need to have this appVM
    running to use the peripheral obviously. But, since the appVM is
    running, I can't update the templateVM?

Hi!

Before I had an additional USB controller for my keyboard and mouse, which by the way is a great idea as good PS/2 devices are are to find new, I used the following commands in dom0

$ qvm-stop --wait sys-usb; \
qvm-prefs sys-usb template fedora-31; \
qvm-start sys-usb

This stops the sys-usb qube, changes the template and starts it again.

Be careful and do not make any mistakes because if the sys-usb qube does not start you might be locked out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Miguel