On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 04:33:55PM -0500, Sven Semmler wrote:

> So make sure to remove those from your grub/EFI config before rebooting!

yes, that would be what the second qubesctl call does.
there should be no need for manual config editing during this.

> The USB qube will work anyway but if it's not running dom0 will have
> USB. If you skip this step you won't be able to control your computer
> after reboot.

only during / right after reboot.
once sys-usb tried to start, the controller will not return to dom0
until next reboot (or you do some ritual dancing that requires a kbd...)

thats what my "disable sys-usb autostart if you rely on a USB kbd"
recommendation is about.
so you actualy have a kbd to fix things if you manage to wreck your
sys-usb ... config, template, filesystem damage, so many ways ...