version="ntpd 4.2....@1.1570-o Thu May 14 13:01:41 UTC 2009 (1)",

Cheers,
Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: questions-bounces+stephen.vaughan=blackboard....@lists.ntp.org
[mailto:questions-bounces+stephen.vaughan=blackboard....@lists.ntp.org] On
Behalf Of David J Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:21 AM
To: questions@lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] Local clock - sync issue

> Connectivity is fine to the ntp servers, if I restart ntpd it starts
> syncing with an external clock immediately. This article could be the
> fix:
>
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/15345.html
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

Thanks, Stephen.  I don't like that solution, as it imposes more load than
necessary on the remote servers.  What version of NTP are you running -
the output from:
 ntpq -c rv

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or
other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately
notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in
error.