I don't know tbh, all I know is there are occasionally network dropouts.

Cheers,
Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: questions-bounces+stephen.vaughan=blackboard....@lists.ntp.org
[mailto:questions-bounces+stephen.vaughan=blackboard....@lists.ntp.org] On
Behalf Of David Woolley
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:13 PM
To: questions@lists.ntp.org
Subject: Re: [ntp:questions] Local clock - sync issue

Stephen Vaughan wrote:
> I'm talking about weeks at a time.
>
> Network connectivity goes down, ntp reverts to LOCAL clock, then if you look
> at the logs and check ntpq, it remains bound to the LOCAL clock, several
> weeks after the connectivity went down. A simple restart of ntpd brings the
> external clocks back online.

Do you, by any chance, have an unstable IP address?  Some ISPs generate
these.  One theories is that it is to break attempts to run servers.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information of Blackboard that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, re-distribution or
other use of any of this information is strictly prohibited. Please immediately
notify the sender and delete this transmission if you received this email in
error.