On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 7:27 PM, William Unruh <un...@invalid.ca> wrote:

> It was based on measurements I made with ntpd

Are you assuming the numbers I provided are based on theory or were you
looking over my shoulder when I perturbed system time by two milliseconds
and watched it converge to O(10) microseconds in ~180 seconds.

> Note that the how long it takes to converge depends on the error that
> needs correcting.

See note ** in my message.

> Those are based on experiments, not theory.

 And my numbers are also based on empirical evidence not theory.  Do note
my mention of constraints (a properly set-up PPS source because you
mentioned one).