On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:42 AM, William Unruh <un...@invalid.ca> wrote:

> OK, so we seem to have two different sets of experiments with very
> different results. Note that I did not erase the drift file, or restart
> ntpd after my perturbation.

Okay, I offset my clock by 100ms without restarting ntpd.  It took about
100 seconds to reduce that by two orders of magnitude and about 2,800
seconds to return to O(1) microsecond offset albeit O(10) microseconds of
jitter.   Next I'll try Ntimed-client.  Perhaps you should redo your
experiment in the modern era.  Or quit referring to stale data.

I had a properly set up PPS source to do the comparison.

We have no way of knowing that and the simplest way to get poor recovery is
to use the wrong poll interval with a PPS refclock.