Sebastian, how simple is simple? If it is REALLY simple (i.e. a bunch of
scalar parameters, checkboxes, and drop-down lists that feed a plot
function) then consider RStudio's manipulate package:
http://www.rstudio.org/docs/advanced/manipulate

<http://www.rstudio.org/docs/advanced/manipulate>Note that this will only
work in RStudio (both desktop and server); the manipulate package simply
won't work in any other environment.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Sebastian Mellor <seb...@sebble.com> wrote:

> I agree, if we were hoping to load a lot of data into an interactive table
> or provide a more tailored experience with a smooth UI, tooltips, dynamic
> context menus and customised layouts I would opt for a more powerful GUI
> language (or at least move down a layer or two gWidgets -> Gtk/Qt/Java),
> but
> in our case the functions to wrap are comparatively simple (not combined in
> any complex overly complex ways) and fairly well parameterised, the plots
> should provide most of the visual information feedback.  I may yet find a
> need for more control.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]