I think the issue is largely one of conceptualizing the problem.
People often view body size as an "independent variable" when analyzing brain
size, but obviously this is a serious oversimplificaiton -- usually done for
statistical convenience -- that does not reflect the biology (yes, I have also
done this!).  Moreover, brain mass is part of body mass, so if you use body
mass per se as an independent variable then you have potential part-whole
correlation statistical issues.

I would think carefully about what you are really wanting to do (e.g.,
regression vs. correlation vs. ANCOVA), and check over this paper:

Ives, A. R., P. E. Midford, and T. Garland, Jr. 2007. Within-species variation
and measurement error in phylogenetic comparative methods. Systematic Biology
56:252-270.

And maybe this one:

Garland, T., Jr., A. W. Dickerman, C. M. Janis, and J. A. Jones. 1993.
Phylogenetic analysis of covariance by computer simulation. Systematic Biology
42:265-292.

Cheers,
Ted

Theodore Garland, Jr., Professor
Department of Biology
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521
Office Phone:  (951) 827-3524
Wet Lab Phone:  (951) 827-5724
Dry Lab Phone:  (951) 827-4026
Home Phone:  (951) 328-0820
Skype:  theodoregarland
Facsimile:  (951) 827-4286 = Dept. office (not confidential)
Email:  tgarl...@ucr.edu
http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/faculty/Garland.html
http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=iSSbrhwAAAAJ

Inquiry-based Middle School Lesson Plan:
"Born to Run: Artificial Selection Lab"
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/BornToRun.html