Like I said earlier, in about a year of ownership this has only affected
me once, when my server crashed, but this is really pure luck. The
problem is there is no fallback in the current alarm settings.

In order for me to wake up to a streaming radio station, the boom has
to be networked, Squeezecenter has to be running, the internet
connection has to be working, and radio station has to be up.

If any of the last 3 aren't working the alarm just doesn't go off. If
the boom isn't networked it plays some sound for a minute and stops. All
of which are unacceptable for a high end device like this marketed as an
alarm clock.

I can make a case the Boom is a great alarm clock. I have access to a
tremendous amount of content. I can have it fade as I got to sleep.
Powersave shuts down the device once the songs over, and AutoDim makes
it go completely dark for most of the night.

But this lack of redundancy in the alarms is a black mark on this and
other Squeezebox products. The boom forums have been full of this
complaint for a while now.

Logitech should fix it or stop touting it in their marketing material.

--
sander