The issue with the Boom, and apparently the other new models, is that
they're no more reliable as alarm clocks than the original slimp3.

Despite all the marketing and promises, when the network is down the
new units will tell time, but the alarms will only play for either 30 or
60 seconds and stop.

If they were indeed the "best alarm clock ever" they would be
completely dependable, and would have additional settings for fall back
alarms and such. As they are they are less reliable than traditional
alarm clock. If you choose an internet stream to wake you up, you have
two points of failure with no recourse. Given the premium paid for these
devices its ridiculous that this charade has gone on for so long.

Now, I have a boom and the issue only has affected me once, but its
pathetic that Logitech considers this a low priority issue when it's a
promise they've been making for almost two years now.

If you told someone you paid more than $100 for an alarm clock (more
than $200 in my case) which wasn't completely reliable, they would laugh
in your face.

I love the Squeezecenter system, but its ridiculous that if I really
need to get up the morning I'm better off relying on a 15 year old Sony
Dream Machine over a system I bought less than a year ago for more than
ten times the price!

--
sander