But they are dragging thier feet regarding making the backup tone last
longer on the boom.

The other older players can not be improved on, it's only the boom (of
the old players ) that have an on board real time clock and can function
without any server at all,
making it better than an SB3 in this regard.

So making the backup tone 30 minutes would be a good start.

What is puzzling with the boom is that it can only remeber one alarm on
it's own so more than 24h of any server is blows the alarm .
Why not putting 0.01$ on an rtc chip with an weekly schedule, very
strange decission ?

I hope/assume that the new players can remember more than one day. This
would be easy for the Touch as it can be it's own squeezecenter, making
all this very possible.

I don't know what radio could do, but an applet for it would not be
unlikely, products are not released yet so I have not seen one irl .

But the new line has far more brains than the old ones soo if someone
made it a priority I think they could be much more reliable as alarms
than the old products.

--
Mnyb