Goodsounds;461656 Wrote:

> Why think of these products as anything other than great network music
> players/devices with an alarm function? It's a bonus, not a core
> function. It's no more reliable than your and my crappy networks,
> patched together with products and technology made by others and out of
> the company's control.

Because one of it's features is an alarm clock. It's as simple as
that.

And an alarm clock should not fail for two reasons: 1) We set an alarm
because we -have- to get up 2) Because an alarm clock is such a simple
technical device to get right.

I can use my Nokia mobile phone as an alarm clock. This is not it's
primary function, but it works every time without fail. And I can use a
1€ alarm clock which also never fails.

But if a €150-€250 device which claims to also be an alarm clock fails
then there is a serious problem. Now, I have to say very clearly here
that I have not had any problems with my Boom working as an alarm clock.
But then as it's in my kitchen I hardly use this feature.

But I am contemplating buying the Radio for my bedside and I would like
to use this as my alarm clock. But if it is not realiable then what is
the use?

--
Justme