MySqueezeBox Integration only syncs basic player settings, not
Favorites.  Syncing of Favorites between SBS and MySB is coming but is
not currently supported.  I suspect this might be part of your losing
Podcasts and Favorites as your Radio is switching between SBS and MySB.

There certainly are many ways to control the SB players, but that's
part of the flexibility of the SB system to suit many varying needs and
different usage models.  Better documentation of each type of control
would be nice though.

What might help you, and as I've suggested to friends & family that I
have turned onto the SB players, is to try and use one server (local SBS
on your computer or MySB online) to control your player in the beginning
to get a better feel for using the SB system.  Preferably SBS as you
have better and more control over the players and access to your local
music.  Just an idea.  :)

--
toby10