NuttyBlonde wrote:
> I guess I called it the wrong name, I do have the NVidea ethernet with
> my desktop.  I'm talking about the small thing that looks like a flash
> drive that makes your PC wireless (plug into the USB port).  Sorry.

Er, nVidea makes video cards, not Ethernet jacks.

> Maybe I will just go with the wireless router and hope it's easy to set
> up.  I will also need the "flash-drive type thing that makes me
> wireless" right?

Order a WRT54GL, note the trailing EL, its important, and will cost you
an extra $8 or so.

It has wireless for the Radio, and five ports for Ethernet.

plus the one (wan) port into your ISP's modem/router/whatever
plug things into the other four ports.

or use it wirelessly.

If you have serious problems, you can load Tomato or DDWRT into it.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/