JJZolx;488668 Wrote:
> That seems pretty unlikely if the computer is only a year old.  I
> haven't seen a computer sold in recent years without an ethernet
> interface.  Do you mean to say that you don't have a _free_ network
> adapter, because the existing one is plugged into the SpeedStream 4100?
>

> There is a third option - a wired router.  This would let you share the
> Internet connection between the PC and the Squeezebox Radio, but
> wouldn't give you wireless capability.  I'm not so sure they make too
> many wired routers these days, but you can easily find them used or on
> eBay.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124309
>
> For my money, I'd spend the extra $20-40 for a wireless router and then
> have the flexibility of streaming to the Radio wirelessly.  It's very
> easy to pick up the Radio and plunk it down in another room.  And if you
> get the battery when it becomes available, then you'll definitely want
> to use it wirelessly.

I guess I called it the wrong name, I do have the NVidea ethernet with
my desktop.  I'm talking about the small thing that looks like a flash
drive that makes your PC wireless (plug into the USB port).  Sorry.

My Squeezebox should arrive Wednesday - I just checked the delivery
status.  Darn, I won't be ready to use it yet.

Maybe I will just go with the wireless router and hope it's easy to set
up.  I will also need the "flash-drive type thing that makes me
wireless" right?

--
NuttyBlonde