> >If I interpreted Ben correctly you just have to press the 'Back' key
> ?
> That's one unnecessary key too many.

But if its a new menu option 'continue listening', you'd have to press
a key as well ?

Philip Meyer;502791 Wrote:
> And no alarm clocks have a pop-up dialog offering a stop alarm option!
Because they have a Snooze Button which the radio doesn't have ?
And as there isn't such a button, I think there is no intuitive way
around an alarm popup menu.

> >Turn off alarm menu choice is NOT needed, since we all know the
> >pause/stop button and the power off button.   If snooze is needed,
> make
> >it smaller and the TIME larger.
> >[/color]
> I agree.  Alarm off (with/without stopping music) is not needed,
> because there's two buttons on the front of the device that are easy to
> access already.

I disagree.
Easy to access (i.e. being able to find blind when you are in a sleepy
state) is just the big button.
With a bit of goodwill maybe even the power button in the lower right.
But thats it.

Finding the Back-Key or Pause key demands beeing conscious and having
light - not the environment present when the alarm goes off in the
morning.
Sure - with some training one could even learn to find them - but hey -
if to operate the alarm one needs training - then something wasn't done
right !
> However, for the next release if we want to prioritize, I think the
> current solution with off meaning "turn off alarm and stop music" and
> back button meaning "exit alarm popup screen without stopping music or
> alarm" will work good enough.
+1

I just want to summarize the current solution, because I think we are
not too far away from everyone needs:

When reading through the thread I see the following Use-Cases:

a) user wants to Snooze after waking up
assumption: user is sleepy, room is dark - must be very easy to do

- user can do it blind by pressing big knob, because the option is
preselected in the popup menu.

b) user wants to turn off alarm (including audio) after waking up
assumption: user is sleepy, room is dark - must be very easy to do
- user can do it blind by turning big knob to right and pressing it.
OR
- user can do it blind by pressing pressing power off ('blind' is
arguable here)

c) user wants to see current playing song (currently 'now playing
screen') after alarm goes off

assumption: this will be done in a light environment (as the display
couldn't be read in the dark anyway).
also wanting to know the current song (thus needing starting to read)
demands some consciousness from the user.

- user can do it by pressing the 'Back'-key
OR
- user can do it by waiting 60 seconds (until the alarm popup
vanishes)

d) user wants to see the time after alarm goes off
- can do it because of alarm popup
- currently can only do it the first 60 seconds, as alarm popup
vanishes
Alarm goes off

I still don't like the popup to vanish after 60 seconds.
It supports usecase c) but hinders usecase d).
One would have to priorize which use-case is more common.

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 1xSB-Radio
Server (7.4.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.
Secondary 7.4 Server on Debianized Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL.