>... 3rd party integration would also allow a mode, where no popup
>comes.

And thus navigation knob doesn't do snooze, I assume (hope).

>There is just one downside with such a mode: if the radio is put
>instantly into 'now playing' the fallback mechanism are disabled
>instantly.

Strange that the fallback alarm mechanism is tied in with the Radio popup alarm
display/control.  There should be distinction between the UI (which may need to
adapt for different types of player), and the alarm functionality.

I think if there's an alarm screensaver (eg. set to display Clock), then the
alarm is still active, and the fallback alarm code should work.  i.e. active
alarm = alarm screensaver mode, which is UI only, and shouldn't affect alarm
processing (can respond to snooze action, whatever UI mechanism is in place to
allow snooze, eg. Remote UI button, CLI, front panel key configured to cause
snooze, etc).

The other suggestion of having alarm timeout = 0, such that music starts
without entering alarm mode, then obviously no fallback mechanism is required,
because it's not in alarm mode, instead it's in now playing display mode, and
displays the NP screensaver.