Tartifless;548836 Wrote:
> Concerning the fix on the bug report, does anyone know how to read the
> -/+ lines in the code ?
> I assume it's a delete/add operation but I just can't figure out what
> are the lines to suppress, trying to modify the file myself so that I
> understand the coding a little bit.

I still think the WOL won't help but we should look at your local
network and why the Radio can't reach the server in the night. (With
such short DHCP-times - is the server switching IPs because it wasn't
assigned a static IP (via the router ?)). You could also find out with
this ping command and if it works the whole night.

Also turning off the backup at alarm time might be a first good point,
if the server is up, maybe it sends the alarm signal in time then.

As to the -/+ lines:
lines starting with '-' should be deleted
lines starting with '+' should be added
All other lines are just for orientation to mark the spots where
addidtions/deletions should happen.
There are tools to do this automatically - but I'd wait if Ben just
adds the changed AlarmSnoozeApplet.lua to the bug-report in addition to
the patch. If not I can do on the weekend - thats the easiest way.

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 1xSB-Radio
Server (7.4.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.
Secondary 7.4 Server on Debianized Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL.