I have two Radios in the same bedroom, one on each side of the bed.
Both on Wireless connected to my Netgear WNDR4500 Wireless router.  One
Radio works flawlessly.  The other exhibits the same behaviours reported
in this post with the red wireless icon appearing after a number of
hours of being connected.  Both devices show 100% signal when
connected, they are no more than 20 feet from the router.  I am running
WPA2-PSK [AES] encryption.

When I get the Red Wireless Icon on the problem Radio and it cannot see
the wireless network I go to my Router and it shows the Radio as a
connected device !!!  But the Radio says it is not connected.  If I
power down the radio and power it up again it connects and runs for a
couple of hours but then the red wireless icon appears.  I assign
static addresses to all my Squeezebox devices also.

Very frustrating issue.  I will look again tonight to ensure the setup
on both Radios are identical, if they are I am inclined to junk the
problem radio as it can only be a hardware issue I think (hopefully it
is under warranty, I only bought it in May 2011 I think).  I will let
you know once I get home tonight.

--
jwagner010