jwagner010;682962 Wrote:
> I have two Radios in the same bedroom, one on each side of the bed.
> Both on Wireless connected to my Netgear WNDR4500 Wireless router.  One
> Radio works flawlessly.  The other exhibits the same behaviours reported
> in this post with the red wireless icon appearing after a number of
> hours of being connected.  Both devices show 100% signal when
> connected, they are no more than 20 feet from the router.  I am running
> WPA2-PSK [AES] encryption.
>
> When I get the Red Wireless Icon on the problem Radio and it cannot see
> the wireless network I go to my Router and it shows the Radio as a
> connected device !!!  But the Radio says it is not connected.  If I
> power down the radio and power it up again it connects and runs for a
> couple of hours but then the red wireless icon appears.  I assign
> static addresses to all my Squeezebox devices also.
>
> Very frustrating issue.  I will look again tonight to ensure the setup
> on both Radios are identical, if they are I am inclined to junk the
> problem radio as it can only be a hardware issue I think (hopefully it
> is under warranty, I only bought it in May 2011 I think).  I will let
> you know once I get home tonight.

Good to know I am not the only suffering this, good also that you have
a 'control' radio that works so we can discard wifi network issues.

I was looking at buying the WNDR4500 as a possible solution to my
problems but it seems that doesn't actually solve it!

Last night I had the radio connected just 4 inches in front of the
router but then it dropped the connection and wouldn't re-connect
without a restart. Same issue as yours in that signal is high and
router shows it as connected but no joy.

Last night a set my old home hub 2 router up as a wireless access point
and connected the radio and only the radio to that.

It worked fine and alarm was good this morning, will see how we go
tonight.

--
wonder boy

2 Booms, 1 radio, a touch and an SB3...think that's enough?