didjean wrote:

> - The website naming: "uesmartradio.com" (they didn't think of the
> future when choosing such a URL)

Not necessarily, it depends on your interpretation of the world "radio",
they could introduce "UE Smart Radio for HiFi", it's just that when they
say "radio" we are thinking of "Squeezebox Radio" and not "Internet
Radio"

didjean wrote:

> - The fact that we always need to be connected to the internet to be
> able to listen to local content

I bet there are more people that use Squeezeboxes for online music than
people with huge local libraries, so this dependency has really existed
also with the traditional Squeezebox solution for most Squeezebox users.
If we only look at people in this community, which likely is less than
1% of all Squeezebox users, it might be more important that the system
works without an Internet connection, but I suspect most people in the
community also is listening to online music now and then, it's just that
it isn't the main use case, but it still needs to work reliably.

Internet is here to stay and most people have an internet connection
that are getting better and better so it's becoming less of a problem
compared to 5-10 years ago. I generally agree that it would be good to
be able to play local music without an internet connection but if they
manage to get uesmartradio.com more reliable than mysqueezebox.com it
might not be a big issue.

didjean wrote:

> - The Random Mix is missing!

Maybe they have made shuffle work properly with large playlists, in this
case the Random Mix plugin doesn't provide much as you can just select
to play a genre and shuffle the playlist. Yes I know Random Mix provides
possibility to include multiple genres, but I suspect most people just
want to select a single genre and play random content from it and this
will work as long as the system is able to handle reasonably large
playlists.

It could also be that they wanted to release the hardware already now
even if they won't be finished with their Logitech UE Smart Radio Mix
functionality until later, but this is just speculation, I honestly
don't really think they are working on any smart mix functionality, but
who knows, they must have selected the name "smart" for some reason...

didjean wrote:

> - Synch with new/old devices.

What's the alternative, if you switch to another system you are probably
not going to be able to sync the players of that system with your old
Squeezeboxes. I agree that it's bad that they don't support synching
with old players but it's not a reason to choose another manufacturer
instead of Logitech because you will end up in the same situation with
another manufacturer as they also won't support synching with
Squeezeboxes. This is of course only the case of the solutions that
exist today, we don't know yet if someone will release something that
fills the hole Logitech have left by shutting down Squeezeboxes.