sadglad wrote:
> Hi, I only have a SB Radio (I listen to all my music in my home through
> it) so this doesn't have to be the end of the world for me but I have a
> couple of questions.
>
> 1. Can the new Radio scrobble music to last.fm?
Probably not, at least not scrobble -everything- you play. Scrobbling
was made available via a plugin to LMS. Plugins will no longer be
available.  Therefore the extent to which you can scrobble will be
dependent on support from the providers of online Apps.  If you install
the Last.fm app you will of course get anything you play though that
scrobbled.  The Spotify app may also allow scrobbling.  It is currently
available via the PC and Mac apps. It is unlikely that internet radio
will be scrobbled.

> 2. Can I make playlists with a mix of local music and music from spotify
> and save these playlists either on computer, app on a iOS device or on
> uesr.com?
You should be able to save mixed playlists on the UESR, but not on a
computer or iOS device. All playlists will be saved in the "cloud" not
on your local server. None of your old playlists be useable.

> I guess my existing playlists will be of no use. I was going to buy
> another SB Radio because the old Boom does not work with the official
> Spotify plugin but I think I have to wait now.
Why?
You can buy and use a SB Radio for as long as mysqueezebox.com is
available.  Logitech has made an indefinite promise that it will be
continued, but it is likely to be turned off in a couple of years.  At
that point you can use a Logitech firmware upgrade to convert your SB
Radio into a UE Smart Radio.

Simples!