All I can say that it looks like that the higher end models from Asus
have some issue. My AX3000 aka AX-58U is set to auto and has no issues.
I know, I know, they say set the channel manually but it works fine for
me.

At first, I thought that the AX86U is tri band (like the XT8) and that
is causing problems.......but then I checked its specs .......that is a
dual band also. Interesting.