P Nelson wrote:
> On another thread, some people have used a Vonets VAP11G-300 as a Wifi
> to Ethernet bridge to by-pass the SB Radio's internal Wifi so solve the
> disconnection problem.  The nice thing about the Vonets device is that
> you can plug in a 5-15 volt power supply into the Vonets and then there
> is a barrel connector that can be plugged into the Radio.  This avoids
> have to run a seperate power supply for the Vonets.  (Caution, the SB
> Radio is 18 Volts, and the Vonets rating is 5-15 volts.  When I tested
> it, the Vonets did not burn out immediately.  Who know how long it might
> last.)

I have 4 SB Radios and tried using those Vonets bridges with each one of
them. Although the programming can take a bit to figure out as you
mentioned, I eventually figured it out and was very excited to have my
radios working again. However, all but one of the devices quit working
within about 3-30 days. I even returned several of them as defective and
had them replaced and the replacements eventually quit working as well
too (that is all but the one that has somehow continued to keep
working... ) I suspect that the radio pulls just a little too much
voltage and causes them to wear out prematurely. Anyway, I just wanted
to share my experience with them. I had high hopes as they are
relatively inexpensive, but they ultimately didn't work out for me.