Tony T wrote:
> After about 6 hrs, the web interface reports:>
Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > Ping: settings, events, and failed pings [0..n]; Step: full reset results,
status; Gaps, Resets: # and recents
  > Ping 2s-1q6f Events, Fails[0..7] 21819s :    Qr:0 Fr:0   Wr:1 Wc:0  [ 7238
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ]
  > Step 0:0, limit:results: [ 12: 18: 26: 37: 53: ]   Wlan: Rate=48
Quality:51/94 level:-44 retries:1

--------------------
> > How do I interpret these results?

The script did not exit. Your radio had no serious WiFi failures in
21819 seconds, or ~6.06 hours since launch, so the script didn't do
anything except logging statistics. There were no Quick resets, nor Full
resets. There were 7238 single ping failures, but no 2,3,4,... or more
consecutive ping failures [ 0 0 ...], meaning any network disruption was
short lived (so the radio would not "hiccup" because of sufficient
buffering).
At the time of the report, your bit rate was 48 (not the expected 54),
and the signal level was -44dBm, which is excellent, and only 1 retry.
There were no gaps or resets as of 01:17:34 GMT, so the history shows
+21819 of uninterrupted operation.

For a more typical example, and a more thorough explanation, see the
"Log File Analysis" section in manual.txt. Here is a recent one of mine:
35798.

Your example is pretty atypical. Most others are suffering multiple
disruptions every hour, some small gaps that are handled by the radio's
buffering, and others that require some sort of WiFi system reset. Your
connection seems "rock" solid, until it isn't. How can that be, unless
the interfering sources are simply turned off during this time? Who does
that? Someone using a portable WiFi-6 hot spot? Is there such a device?

-A few minutes after accessing the web report, the WiFi connection
failed (coincidence most likely) -

Did the script restore the connection? Did the connection repeatedly
fail after this point? Did your radio stay on? Could there have been a
power glitch? (Some of my DC power supply connectors have become quite
corroded, requiring scraping and cleaning.)

|Filename: MTStats_1632406153.zip                                   |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35798|