I second Ben Hoskings' suggestion of trying first to find people with
complementary skill sets so both parties can learn from each other in
some aspect.

Also remember that this type of program is not a "one way street" of
learning either. I find myself looking up learning about things I
would never thought I would when trying to answer questions in person
and on forums.

Thinking about how the system might work you could register "things
you know" and "things you want to know" as well as the times you are
available and based on that you can find someone to hook up with...
just like rsvp.com ;)

- Scott H