On 12/01/11 09:16, Gavin McDonald wrote:

<snip>

> I'm deflated and no longer wish to lead this charge out of here.

:-(

Your efforts are appreciated...

>> This could enable more choices for the new chair.
>> At the moment i cannot see one of the current people taking on that role.

Gavin? Ross? (both have contributed code at one time or another)

>> There are still some things to be done, for example a concise project
>> description and a mission/scope statement for the Resolution.

The Rat podling needs to graduate into a TLP with sightly wider scope.
Starting from http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RatProposal. perhaps
something like "A suite of tools focussing on the comprehension and
auditing of software distributions."

Robert