On Thursday 11 December 2003 15:00, Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 06:49 PM 12/11/2003, Nels Lindquist wrote:
> >Could it be that my razor setup isn't optimal?  Is there some
> >explanation for what I'm seeing?
>
> what you're seeing is VERY easy to explain.
>
> Razor lists mail based on many people reporting it.
>
> It takes time before enough reports come in to list a message as spam.
>
> If you get the spam and razor-check it very early in this cycle, it may not
> hit. Running your check much later, after all the reports are in, is very
> likely to increase your hitrate.

But wait a minute here...
 His spam detection is already working, and he is routeing this spam
 to his spam folder.  Its just NOT RAZOR that is detecting the stuff
as spam.  He said:
>I'm running SpamAssassin + Razor via a sendmail milter, so spam
>detection is done at the earliest possible moment from the
>perspective of our network.  A copy of anything scoring over 5.0 is
>saved on our mail server

So feeding this already-automatically-detected-spam to razor is
going to do NOTHING for his over-all spam detection, because all he is
doing is training razor to recognize spam that has already been recognized
as spam by some other Spamassassin tests.  Its not going to help him
at all.