Eric,
I assume the bike you'll be riding is the one shown on your
wheelsnorth site.  You're a brave man...

I'd suggest that you use something like the Spenco gloves, or those
recommended by David Sprunger (Blue Gel).  I've used the Spenco gloves
in the past and found them to be good for alleviating discomfort from
longer distance rides (certainly not 1,000 miles however!).  Spenco
also made gel handlebar grips if you can find any.

Good Luck!
Jim